Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sweet Roses

The other day, I had a meeting in the morning. A meeting I could go to through the Palais Royal gardens. I didn't expect anything special, just to walk through an area without cars, see some trees, maybe some people chilling on the benches and a nice fountain. I didn't expect the roses at all. 

The cream ones.

Last time we went there, there were no roses. It was raining and cold (nothing strange since it was this spring) and all the flowers looked tired and uninspiring. This time, it was different. There were a few occasional drops from the sky, but the day was warm. I still can't believe I could smell the roses before I saw them. That sweet powdery smell. I looked around to see where it came from. And then I saw them. All pink and white and some of them deep purple. So full and beautiful and plenty of them all around the park. 

The only photo of the purples (back there).
If I told you I got a birthday present from my husband that matches these roses exactly, what would you say? It's a bag. You'll get to see it in a post soon.

One day, if we ever have a house with a garden, it will be full of cherry trees, peonies, lilacs and those roses. I should probably have asked for the gardener to know what kind of roses these were. I should have told him what a beautiful work he did with them!

So many beautiful roses.


No comments:

Post a Comment